Have A Ramble, Rant or Rave you want to Share?

Would you like to share?
A Ramble - It can be anything that moved you to want to ramble on about it. A Rave? Noticed something you just want to Rave to others about? Or a Rant? - Well we know what a Rant is.

Email it to me and let me know how you want it signed. I promise not to disclose any more than you wish.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hooray for Florida. And Boo Hoo for You if you don't work and DON'T feel you should have to pass a Drug test to receive MY tax money. Rave and Rant

Dear Deadbeat;

Yes, I am calling you a deadbeat if you think somehow your being on the welfare rolls gives you some special status over the rest of us who do work or who are actually LOOKING for work.  I have been working or at some points seeking work since 1973. I have never received a dime from any welfare program and yet there have been times I have been out of work for long extended periods of time - Actually only since Obama has come into office.  So, if you want my tax dollars I request you don't use those tax dollars for drugs and do use them to expedite and assist in your efforts to get a job and start paying taxes like the rest of us and to be DRUG FREE while you do it.  Once you get a job and can pay for your own drugs I don't care if you use drugs or not.

Sincerely,

A drug free worker bee


Sometime in the late 80's or early 90's it became clear that any position I was considered for required drug testing. Without fail every position I have accepted in all that time required I participate in drug testing before hiring and indicated that there would or could be random drug testing. Additionally, even high school athletes are required to pass drug testing before they can participate in their schools sports programs.

Employers have a right to require their employee's be drug free. It is against the law you know to use illegal drugs. Additionally, I can't think an employer is wrong in wanting employees who are not impaired by drugs while at work. Why liberals, and the ACLU feel that citizens who receive welfare benefits that are paid for by working people WHO DO HAVE TO PASS DRUG TESTS TO BE HIRED somehow should be immune to this requirement boggles me. What gives them special rights? Why are the people who PAY for these benefits required to be drug free but those who receive the benefits are not required to be drug free?

There is a hoorahrah about saying that 98% of those who did take the Florida drug test passed. Uhm... Duh... Ever consider that those who knew they would not pass and had to pay for the test themselves (ooops someone else wasn't going to pay for something for them?) did NOT take the test? That sort of reporting doesn't prove anything. If you knew you would fail a drug test that you had to pay for, would you go out and pay for the test and take it knowing you were wasting your own money? I don't think so. So to me 98% passing is POSITIVE not negative. But you won't hear the liberals expressing it that way.

Drug deal caught on Google Earth.
So... HOORAY For Florida. I wish to God that Louisiana, my home state with almost 5 generations of people who have Never worked a day in their lives, would pass this law. It only takes driving by any of the many 'projects' in New Orleans and seeing the drug deals openly going down by those we are subsidizing to be drug dealers and not productive working citizens to know that drug testing before receiving welfare benefits would be a very good path.

Before I add the information about Florida's law I would like to share just one of many little stories about welfare abuse (which will be another rant).  I along with many others was applying for a position with Harrah's Entertainment after Katrina. After a long process and orientation we were all advised that we would be drug tested that day. We were given directions to a location a few blocks away and told that we were required to appear there within the next hour. Of the 40 or so people in the room perhaps about 30 of us showed up. Ten just went missing in action. Of that 30, 12 failed the drug test. One of the young men who was sitting next to me waiting for our turn to have our hair snipped said to me. "I am probably going to fail, no biggie, I still have a few months left before my unemployment runs out." The young woman on the other side of him said, "I used that Shampoo, a friend told me to expect the drug test."  Nothing more needs to be said. Just an illustration of the drug testing experience and how people either are weeded out or slip through the cracks.

Here is the email that is going around giving Florida a Thumbs Up for its law requiring a clean drug test to receive welfare benefits.


Hooray for Florida!
Republican Gov. Rick Scott said, "If Floridians want welfare, they better make sure they are drug-free".

Applicants must pay for the drug test, but are reimbursed if they test drug-free.
Applicants who test positive for illicit substances won't be eligible for the funds for a year, or until they undergo treatment.
Those who fail a second time will be banned from receiving funds for three years.
Let's get welfare back to the ones who NEED it, not to those who WON'T get a JOB.
 Share this if you agree.


No comments: